Friday, January 21, 2011

New Game Currency Design


Hello there! Long time no see! It's the weekend again and that means new blog posts. Okay today I am going to show you my new in-game currency for RossMossy. If you don't really know what's RossMossy, it's a homemade board game that I am currently working on. The project started on 3rd December 2010 but until now I still haven't finished it due to tight schedule. You can check out my article on RossMossy on the Archives sidebar widget. Let's get back to my new currency design.

As you can see my new RossMossy currency has slight modifications. The reason why I have gotten rid of my old currency design was because I found it difficult to 'stick' it to the currency template. Because of the white top and bottom, I don't really know where the edge is. My currency template consists of eight slots. Using GIMP (Free Photoshop alternative), I have to copy and paste my currency to the slots. Not only was my currency template inaccurate, I also found it difficult to paste the currency to the template.

Using this new design, I now know all my four edges and so I hope it'll make it easier for me to stick it to the template. Plus, I have already done my (sort of accurate) currency template and all I have to do is to scan it into the computer itself. I'll keep you posted when everything's alright. In the meantime, check out the old and new designs for RossMossy's in-game currency.

(This also applies to 500, 1000 and 5000 Moss Dollars.)

No comments:

Post a Comment